A pair of adjustable dumbbells is a must have for anyone interested in toning up the body, burning fat, and building some muscle. One of the most basic elements of any workout regime an adjustable dumbbell set can help you save a lot of time and effort while boosting your body building outcome. Identifying and purchasing the best adjustable dumbbells is the first step towards an attractive physique. The modern designs of adjustable dumbbells will let you pick up only the weight which you want while the remaining plates will be neatly packed in the stand. The advantages of adjustable dumbbells are priceless since it would allow you to control the weights on the fly. Go through our personal pick top 3 adjustable dumbbells available in today’s market and make your choice to buy your best adjustable dumbbell set.
The Bowflex Selecttech 552 dumbbells (1615 good reviews – Amazon, 1331 good reviews – Bowflex) would allow the user to replace 15 sets of weights and adjust the weights from 5 – 52.5 lbs with a 2.5 lbs increment for the first 25 lbs. Now you can switch quickly from one exercise to the next and the weights can be adjusted very easily by making use of the easy to use selection dials. With just a turn of the dial one will be able to switch his resistance from 5 pounds to 52.5 pounds. You no longer need to pick up 30 different weights to attain the desired results since the purpose can be easily achieved with just 2 Bowflex Selecttech 552 dumbbells. You no longer need to worry about 15 different sets cluttering up your workout area since this is one of the most space efficient body building product available today which can just be stored in a corner of your room. The durable moulding around the plates ensures that there is no clanging sound. Well if all that doesn’t convince you then you will surely be allured by the fact that it offers a special workout DVD containing more than 30 exercises with over 80 variations.
- Each dumbbell adjusts from 5 to 52.5 pounds; adjusts in 2.5-pound increments up to the first 25 pounds
- Combines 15 sets of weights into one, using a unique dial system
- Eliminates the need for multiple dumbbells cluttering your workout space
- Adjustable dumbbell that does the work of multiple dumbbells in one
- Durable molding surrounds the metal plates to create smooth, quiet liftoff
- Two year warranty on weight plates and parts
The plates are metal that have durable molding around them. This allows a smooth and quitter for your lifts and workouts.
The handle is big and ergonomically designed to fit smoothly in your palm. This allows good grip when lifting the dumbbells.
On Amazon the SALE price is $299.00, 46% off from List price $549, free shipping and sold by Amazon. Is the price worth it or expensive for the adjustable dumbbell set? Well, let’s do the math. Each dumbbell comes with 15 sets of weights by dialing, 5, 7.5, 10, 12.5, 15, 17.5, 20, 22.5, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, and 52.5 lbs. 2 dumbbells will give you 2 sets of 15s of weights (30 sets total), $299.00/30 sets = $9.96 each set. A set of 5 pound dumbbell on Amazon costs about $10-$20; 10 pound dumbbell set $15-$40+ and etc.. As the weight increases, it costs more. So, the Bowflex Select Tech 552 SALE price is worth it!
- Space efficient – built in with 15 sets of weights by just a turn of the dial
- Easy to use – turn the dial to your desired weights and start your workout.
- Convenient – 15 sets built in the dumbbell you can move and take with you where you go
- Durable — 2 years warranty
- Handle is thicker than a traditional dumbbell
- The length is 15.75″ inch longer than a traditional dumbbell. This may cause an issue to certain exercises or workout.
- Plates are metal with molding surrounds on plates, dropping the dumbbells too quick or hard on the hard ground can cause damage to plates. I recommend dropping the dumbbells slowly.
When it comes to a review of the best adjustable dumbbell set one can’t do without mentioning the Powerblock dumbbells (163 of 4.3/5 Stars reviews) which can adjust 5 – 45 lbs of weight in 5 lbs increment. Similar to the weight stack in a gym this dumbbell would also allow you to change the weights in a nick of time with the help of its selector pin. One of the most versatile tools ever created for strength training the powerblock dumbbells is the only system which can expand itself according to your strength needs. No more clutter of weights in your workout space since your 3 pound dumbbell can be turned into a 6 pound dumbbell within just a blink of the eye. This easy to use, cost effective and space efficient dumbbell is a must buy for any workout enthusiast. Being a pair of 45* 5 dumbbell it would adjust weights from 5 -45 lbs with 5 lbs increment which does the job of 18 individual weights. Moreover the weights are more compact and balanced and the padded handle ensures wrist protection. No matter whether you are trying to pump up your muscles, tone or physique or get rid of the extra fat this adjustable dumbbell is the best workout device in the market today.
- Pair of adjustable dumbbell weights for efficient, cost-effective strength training
- Adjusts from 3 to 24 pounds in 3-pound increments (3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, and 24 pounds)
- Selector pin lets you change weights easily, just like with weight stack at the gym
- More compact and balanced than traditional dumbbells; padded handle for wrist protection
- Offers maximum weight of 24 pounds per hand; limited 10-year warranty
Cast Iron Adjustable Dumbbells 105 lbs (272 great reviews) is deffintely a good buy in terms of price and quality. The set comes with 2 adjustable dumbbells. The 14” handles are made of solid chrome steel that allow comfortable grip when lifting. The plates are cast iron and durable. It comes with 4 collars for the handles, and very easy to use. Put on the weights and twist the collars and weights locked. Good quality material made. Come with 5 year warranty. One thing I don’t really like is the handles length 14”, that can cause a problem(s) (bumping into your body for example) in hammer curls, shoulder curls, Bench press to name a few.. you just have adjust accordingly. Other than that, this Adjustable Dumbbells set from Yes4All is a great value and great choice to buy
- Gym quality cast iron, gym quality solid chrome handles, shipped in two packages.
- Includes two textured solid chrome handles, four collars (5 lbs), sixteen 5 pound plates, four 2.5 pound plates. four 1.25 pound plate
- Collars and handles are threaded for a secure fit; Plates are made from durable cast iron
- Shipped by two separated boxes, each box contain one set of 52.5 lbs
- 30-day warranty 5-year material & workmanship warranty
- Price is very affordable and on SALE!
- Weights and bars sturdy, quality materials
- Sturdy collars, wont slip when lifting or after
- 5-year warranty
- Plates have moderate paint smell and paint chips come off when use a lot
- 14″ handles may cause problem for certain curls
- Extra set of weighs (1-1/16″ hole, not 1” standard) must buy from the manufacture Yes4All Hex
Final thoughts and advice how to choose your best adjustable dumbbells
All dumbbells are great and work equally as effective for muscle building and workout at home. Whichever set you choose or prefer you will be good. Just remember to read the product information and features, warranty and look for the set that is on sale with free shipping to save, and lastly read the reviews thoroughly from customers, not advertisement So by now you should have learned enough information about best adjustable dumbbells and ready to make your choice. If you want know where to shop the best deal of dumbbells, you can visit 3 best shop online sites Amazon.com, Sears.com, Walmart.com, and maybe Costco.com too because they always have good price and good return policy. For used and cheap dumbbells, Craigslist.com is a good site to check it out, but be careful of scam and other issues. Hope you find my guide and reviews helpful — and wish you the best of luck with finding your best dumbbell set and dig deeper with your dumbbells workout at home! 🙂
You May Also Like
- Where to shop dumbbells online
- Bowflex Selecttech 552 Dumbbell Set Review
- Dumbbells workout for arms, chest, shoulders, legs, full body
- Adjustable Dumbbells workout excercises and videos
- Dumbbells workout posters and photos easy to follow workout
- Common Questions about adjustable dumbbells
- Learn the benefits of adjustable dumbbells over regular dumbbells